FOR HIGH-PERFORMANCE AUTO AND TRUCK PARTS
OF THE MONTH
|E-MAIL & FAX|
DIGITAL-6 PLUS IGNITION CONTROL
The new Digital-6 Plus Ignition is raising the standard for Hi-Performance ignition systems. The all new design offers micro-processor controlled timing and rev limiting functions with the power and reliability that have made the MSD 6 Series Ignitions the most successful racing ignitons in the world. MSD engineering created more power with 20% less current draw by implementing an IBGT coil driver for improved coil saturation. The 15 Megahertz microcontroller is over three times faster than the nearest competitor, producing the most accurate trigger signals, timing and rev limits possible.
Digital-6+ Built-in Adjustable Features:
- Rotary switches in 100 rpm increments switch between two rev limits.
- Built in EMI filter checks inputs to determine "clean" signal before making any changes.
- Single-stage retard gives nitrous and top-end performance.
- Start retard eases pressure on the starter, flywheel and engine.
- Adjustable magnetic pickup compensation produces accurate trigger signals.
- LED display warns of trigger signal problems or faulty charging system.
- Fully potted with polyurethane for viabration and water protection.
Spark Energy: 134 milli Joules per spark Primary Voltage: 535 volts delivered to coil Output Voltage: 45,000 volts Secondary Current: 300 milliamps for up to 400 microseconds Spark Series Duration: 20° Crankshaft rotation through
Operation Voltage: 12-18 volts, neg. ground
(Full voltage output down to 7 volts supply)
Current Draw: 0.7 amp per 1,000 rpm (7.2 amp) w/ 14V bat. @ 10,000 rpm RPM Range: 12,500 rpm with 14.4 volt supply Weight & Size: 3.7 lbs., 8.5"L x 4.5"W x 2.2"H
*Tested with MSD HVC Coil, #8252
MSD BLASTER HVC COIL
The Blaster HVC coil is right at home on the street or strip.Special windings and material efficiently produce High Voltage and Current. Low primary resistance allows the coil to take in all of the MSD's energy and instantly step up the voltage combined with a high amount of current to produce a spark packed with 300 milliAmps and over 40,000 volts.
The Coil is designed to produce maximum power with the MSD Series Ignition Control.
8.5MM SUPER CONDUCTOR SPARK PLUG WIRES
- 30 times more spark energy to plugs than most O.E.M. wires.
- 50 ohm per foot low resistance copper alloy conductor. Special winding procedure and a ferro magnetic impregnated core creates an effective EMI choke.
- Dual crimp terminals, one for the sleeve, one for the conductor insures against spark arcing through boot.
- Heat, chemical and abrasion-resistant outer jacket are the results of a specially compounded silicone-synthetic blend.
Performance N More can put together your Digital Ignition System with a Digital 6 Plus, the HVC Coil described here and a set of 8.5MM Red Super Conductor Spark Plug Wires.
We also have the Digital DIS-2 and -4 Ignition controls for stock distributorless ignitions using 2,3 and 4 coil packs.
You said Honda? How about using a modified distributor cap for an external MSD Blaster Coil?
Let a PnM Affiliate help you today or contact us using The Form.
Contact a PnM Affiliate Today or Complete The Form now for a quick response.
Performance N More © 2013